We are building a community of thousands of DIY’ers who want to create things the right way, things that last, things that their children will be able to enjoy as a family heirloom.
Our motto is “DIY Done Right!” and that’s what we mean. Paige and I are a great team, mainly for the reason that I can build things pretty well, take ideas and turn them into an actual finished piece. Paige on the other hand is what I call, “The Finisher”… She makes everything I create look damn good, if I don’t say so myself! Part of that is because she can be, how do I put this… Extremely “anal” about the final finish of things.
With Design. Destroy. Rebuild. you get the best of both worlds. We are kind of like This Old House meets Fixer Upper… You get the “trendy Pinterest ideas” of Paige, along with a touch of Fine Woodworking style craftsmanship. Holy crap, I just compared myself to Fine Woodworking magazine! Umm maybe not yet, but believe me, I am working my way there!
Learn With Us
I’m constantly reviewing tools. If you ask Paige, sometimes I “look at those dumb things on the internet way too much”… My point is, you will never find me reviewing a junk tool for some sort of advertising fee. Surely I will do tool and product reviews, but my opinions will never stray from the truth. I buy tools and products that are high quality and deliver a high value for the money. My motto is that I would rather buy quality over quantity any day. I’d rather have less tools, but know that they are tools which will last me the rest of my life, possibly.
I can promise you something else… I don’t always know how to do things. I also don’t know always how to do things right either. Before taking on a project, I do my research on how to complete it properly. On this site, you will find tutorials and blog posts which walk you through the rights and the wrongs of home renovation, DIY projects, woodworking, and crafting.
Something For Everyone
The real nice thing about our website is that there will be something for everyone.
- You have the voice of a husband and wife duo.
- Zach likes man stuff, tools, woodworking, and demolishing things…
- Paige like the girls stuff, Pinterest crafting, creative kids parties, and making the house look rustic chic…
- We are unlike other “DIY/Home Blogs” since there will be something for the guys and the girls.
- Monday might be a tool review…
- Wednesday might be a new Pinterest craft/design…
- Friday might be a tutorial on finishing our basement (which I plan to do the spring of 2015, so that will be a real interesting time on here).
- Sunday might be how to fix a water leak in your bathroom.
All I can say is if you think what we are doing on here is pretty cool so far, you haven’t seen nothin’ yet! We have so many more projects coming to this house, including:
- Remodeling our main level half bath.
- Laying tile in our laundry room.
- Designing and finishing our currently unfinished basement.
- Completely gutting and remodeling our master bathroom.
- Remodeling our master bedroom.
- Paige finishing her “crafting/guest room”.
- Hanging 140 year old doors on a barn door track for my office.
As you can see, there is a heck of a lot of stuff that we want to tackle, which means a ton of stuff for you join in on the fun and follow along in our journey of Designing, Destroying, and Rebuilding our whole house!
So, if you’re in, there has already been three spots above for you to subscribe to this blog and become part of the VIP DIY’er Revolution, but if you haven’t signed up, here’s one last spot below!
Enjoy the journey!
-Zach and Paige